The top 10 highest-earning TV actresses made $156.5 million between June 1, 2016, and June 1, 2017, with their earnings based on data from Nielsen, Box Office Mojo and IMDB.
Sofia Vergara, whose Modern Family salaries make up about a quarter of her earnings, made most of her money from licensing and endorsement deals.
Endorsements from Pepsi, CoverGirl, Heads & Shoulders, and licenses from Avon, Rooms to Go and SharkNinja make more than half of Vergara’s earnings for the year.
At number 2 was “Big Bang Theory” star Kaley Cuoco, whose salary from the sitcom made up almost all of her $26 million earnings.
3rd place is tied with “The Mindy Project“‘s Mindy Kaling and “Grey’s Anatomy“‘s Ellen Pompeo, who both earned $13 million.
While Pompeo’s was almost entirely from the Shonda Rhimes‘ show salary, Kaling’s earnings included a 7-figure endorsement deal with McDonalds, and her earnings from yet-to-be-released movies “Oceans 8” and “A Wrinkle in Time.”
All the earnings recorded are before taxes, and fees to agents, managers and staff.
See the top 10 highest-earning TV actresses below:
- Sofia Vergara – $41.5 million.
- Kaley Cuoco – $26 million.
- Mindy Kaling – $13 million.
- Ellen Pompeo – $13 million.
- Mariska Hargitay – $12.5 million.
- Julie Bowen – $12 million.
- Kerry Washington – $11 million.
- Priyanka Chopra – $10 million.
- Robin Wright – 9 million.
- Pauley Perrette – $8.5 million.
Culled from bellanaija.com