Hey guys, what’s up? It’s your favorite homie Eddie Schwaggs. Welcome to Relationship Corner.
Today, we want to talk about Commitment in relationships. Commitment is the blood that keeps any relationship alive. It is the salt of relationships, it is the key ingredient in sustaining any relationship.
“I Beat My Wife Everyday, Yet We Are The Best Couple On Earth” – Nigerian Pastor, Jackson Says
These days, so many people lack commitment in their relationships . This has led to more break ups, divorce, broken homes and loss of self worth famous in our time. Being committed to your partner goes deeper than physical commitment, it deals more with an emotional attachment to your partner.
There is nothing as beautiful as a committed relationship. This is because, both partners will grow up together and in each other. For a longer and fulfilling relationship and life, you have to be committed to your partner. The thing about commitment is that you and your lover will have to mutually agree to a committed relationship. That is both of you have to choose to be committed to each other. These are some tips that engender a beautiful and commited relationship –
- Exclusivity – Both of you must have to be true to each other. No side chicks, no magas, no sugar parents, just you and your partner.
- Dedication – You both must be dedicated to each other. That you must give your all to the relationship, likewise your partner. You must be ready to sacrifice your time, your schedule, your life for the growth of your relationship.
- Understand – You have to learn to understand your partner. To know when he/she is happy, sad, or in pain. Any emotion or emotions your partner is feeling, you have to be learn to understand it and encourage them to discuss them with you.
- Tolerance – There is no perfect person, no perfect lover. Tolerating your partner’s habits goes a long way in fostering a beautiful and committed relationship.
- Connection – Connecting with your partner is important but connecting with your self is very important. You have to be committed to yourself, learn to stop your bad habits and grow your potentials.
- Intimacy – Be intimate with your partner. I have talked about intimacy in my previous post. It is very important to be intimate with your partner, not only physically or sexually but also emotionally, this way, there will be deeper understanding between you and your partner.
- Planning – You and your partner have to learn to plan a future together. Plan everything and anything together. Let your schedules coincide. Planning to do things and doing them strengthens the bond between you two and fosters a committed relationship.
These tips will help you foster strong commitment in your relationship. But remember it starts with you and partner mutually agreeing to be committed and actually be committed to your partner in truth and spirit. You notice in the tips, the words “both of you” are constant, meaning you and your loved one must be in this together. I hope you enjoyed this topic, feel free to comment, and like. Next week will be a special episode, anticipate it. This is Relationship Corner and I remain Eddie Schwaggs.