Super Eagles player, Ahmed Musa has been
recognized by FIFA.
His goal against Iceland at the just
concluded Russia 2018 World Cup has
been ranked the eighth best goal of the
Eagles player in the game, and he has been
recognized for the effort.
A total of 169 goals were scored at the 2018
World Cup; but only 18 from that pool were
shortlisted for the top award. The winner of the
Hyundai Goal of the Tournament is Benjamin
Pavard of France.
The 22-year-old Stuttgart defender ran onto a left-
wing cross from Lucas Hernandez and sent a
right-footed half-volley spinning into the top corner
to level eventual champions France’s last-16 tie
with Argentina at 2-2 in the 57th minute.
France went on to win the game 4-3 before
beating Croatia in the final on July 15.
Pavard’s effort won a public vote to be named the
best of the 169 goals scored in the tournament,
seeing off competition from Colombian midfielder
Juan Quintero’s free-kick against Japan and Luka
Modric’s goal in Croatia’s group-stage thumping of
See others the list of the top 10 2018 goals in the
2018 FIFA World Cup below;
1. Pavard (France) vs Argentina
2. Quintero (Mexico) vs Japan
3. Modric (Croatia) vs Argentina
4. Ronaldo (Portugal) vs Spain
5. Messi (Argentina) vs Nigeria
6. Cheryshev (Russia) vs Croatia
7. Chadli (Belgium) vs Japan
8. Musa (Nigeria) vs Iceland
9. Quaresma (Portugal) vs Iran
10. Kroos (Germany) vs Sweden