Jobs in Canada for Foreigners Description:
The Application Support Analyst (XStream), as part of the Allocations & Entitlements Team, has the responsibility of working with a team of Analysts to support the XStream Production Revenue Accounting applications.
Application Support Analyst (XStream)
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with our client, a world leader in the oil and gas industry. The position will be based in Calgary, AB.
This is a 12-month contract with renewal possibility.
- Work with business partners to define requirements, design and develop XStream and related application enhancements and fixes.
- Assist business partners with the analysis and resolution of data issues.
- Assist business partners with the resolution of XStream and related application issues.
- Assist business partners with the resolution of setup and access issues.
- Assist with completion of access and controls reviews.
- Project design and delivery.
- Bachelor Degree in related fields.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in programming and scripting languages such as Perl, Shell Script, Pro C, C, Oracle Forms and Reports, Excel VBA.
- Experience with application design and development.
- Experience with end user application support.
- Experience with Linux OS environment and commands.
- Experience with Oracle databases: SQL, PL/SQL.
- Experience in Application Performance analysis, debugging & optimization, including ability to use tools of the trade to debug/trace/profile programs for memory leaks, bugs, hot spots/performance problems.
- Knowledge of Production Revenue Accounting business.
- Knowledge of Oil & Gas production.
- Experience working with Global IT service lines (e.g. Infrastructure, Database) to resolve complex issues.
- Experience consulting with business lines to deliver IT solutions.
- Self-starter who works well in a team environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Oil & Energy
- Information Technology