Do you have the passion and skill of a Department manager? Then this job offer in Canada is for you.
The longevity and continuity of our business can be attributed to our core principles of personal balance, trust, accountability, enterprise, passion and customer driven.
This opportunity requires candidates to relocate to remote Northern Canadian communities.
As a Department Manager, you will have the opportunity to be a key member of the store management team while ensuring the effective day-to-day operation of your department; everything from the implementation of company standard, to the management of company assets and the training and development of staff. You will be responsible for ensuring appropriate inventory levels in order to maximize sales, ensure the highest level of customer service is being delivered, and complete monthly department inventories.
What we offer:
• $35,000 and up based on experience plus bonus incentives
• Relocation assistance including fully furnished housing accommodation
• Comprehensive benefits package; housing and food allowances, medical and dental coverage, 3 weeks paid vacation
• Eligibility for Northern Tax credit & ability to bank what you earn
• Development and advancement opportunities
• Opportunity to immerse yourself in small town life and experience the beauty of Canada’s North
• Committed to relocating and embracing life in a remote community in Northern Canada
• Minimum 3 years retail management experience
• Previous grocery experience
• Demonstrated ability to drive financial profitability through sales growth and cost management
• Volunteerism and / or experience supporting activities or causes that enhance community life
• Desire to train and coach staff
• Ability and desire to develop an in-depth understanding of NWC’s customer base and values
If you are looking for challenge, are ready to embrace the lifestyle of the Canadian North and share in our passion for delivering exceptional customer service, join us today!
In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, The North West Company welcomes and encourages applications from individuals with disabilities. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially