Position: Senior Claims Representative, National Casualty Claims
Founded more than 145 years ago, Economical is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies. We rely on our national network of more than 800 independent brokers to sell a range of car, home, business, and farm insurance solutions. With Sonnet and Petline, we’re extending our reach through the direct-to-customer channel.
With more than 2,400 active employees across the country and a commitment to rethinking the insurance experience, we’re poised for great things.
We’re now adding to our high-performance team to take us into the future. Let’s rethink insurance together.
• * This position is available at any of the following locations: Waterloo, London, Toronto, Mississauga **
In this role, you will be:
Reporting to the Team Leader, Casualty, and will be accountable for the investigation and settlement of senior level third party bodily injury claims.
• Investigating claims to determine liability and quantum
• Confirming policy coverage
• Maintaining detailed file records on an electronic claims system
• Attending/participating in mediation as a representative of Economical Insurance
• Settle claims directly with the injured party and with plaintiff lawyers
Your Skills and Experience:
• University degree, a college diploma or the CIP designation
• Minimum 3 years of claims handling experience in Bodily Injury/Casualty Litigation
• Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, whether with customers or co-workers
• Perform well in a busy operation and remain calm under pressure
• Team player adaptable to a changing environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
At Economical, we all work together to come up with big ideas — then bring them to life. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together. If you’ve got the passion and the desire to help us reinvent insurance, let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: (Please contact us using the “Apply for this Job Posting” box below)
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Economical Insurance includes the following companies: Economical Mutual Insurance Company, Family Insurance Solutions Inc., Sonnet Insurance Company, Petline Insurance Company