Tiwa Savage is one of the most sorts after female musicians in Nigeria, looking at her musical career, one might wonder how much Tiwa Savage net worth is.
Tiwatope Savage popularly known as Tiwa Savage is arguably the richest female musician in Nigerian over the last eight years.
A lot of people might be wondering how rich is Tiwa Savage and what is Tiwa Savage’s net worth in 2020 on the Forbes list.
Tiwa Savage Biography
Whom is Tiwatope Savage?
Tiwatope Savage is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, recording artist, and a single mum.
Tiwa was born and raised in Isale Eko on February 2nd, 1980.
She moved to London at the age of 11 years for her high school education.
While studying in London, she became a backup vocal for American artists such as George Michael and Mary J. Blige.
Tiwa also attended the Berklee College of music while pursuing her university degrees.
She also competed at the famous U.K. edition of the X factor.
While in the United States of America during Timaya’s concert in Los Angeles,
she met Teebillz a Nigerian A&R person who eventually got her signed to Don Jazzy Mavin Records label in 2012.
READ ALSO – How old is Tiwa Savage in 2020?
In 2013 Tiwa finally married her long-term boyfriend and Manager Teebillz, and they had a son called Jamil in 2015.
But three years later, Precisely April 2016 the celebrity couple’s marriage hit the rocks after her now ex-husband attempted Suicide by trying to Jump off the Lagos Lagoon.
He claimed Tiwa Savage was cheating on him with people in the entertainment industry.
Tiwa Savage Musical Career
Tiwa’s musical Journey started in London, the United Kingdom where she attended and
graduated from Berklee College of music.
After which she became a backup singer for the likes of Mary J. Blidge and George Michael.
In a recent interview with Nigerian Media Personality, Ebuka Obi-Uchendu,
Tiwa Savage revealed that E.M.E. Record Label boss Banky W refused to sign her.
After which she also went to Don Jazzy who also refused to sign her to the now-defunct Mo hits record, her frustration made her return to the United States of America.
Tiwa Savage eventually got signed to Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records in 2012.
Tiwa Savage Albums
A year after she got signed to Mavin Records, Tiwa released her debut studio album titled
Once Upon a time which featured Nigerian Artist such as Iceberg Slim, Sarkodie
from Ghana and General Pype.
On why she picked the title of the album to be once upon a time, Tiwa said she wanted
to motivate other upcoming artists by telling them that, once upon a time,
she was a little girl in Isale Eko who dreamt of being a star.
Her second Studio Album R.E.D. was released on December 19th, 2015; the album also had Olamide, Don Jazzy, Dr. S.I.D., Iceberg Slim, 2face Idibia, D’prince, Busy Signal
and Reekado banks on it.
The Album R.E.D. was nominated for Best Album at the 2016 Nigeria Entertainment Awards.
Tiwa Savage Car Collection
The 40-year-old single mum can boast some exotic cars such as her latest ride, a custom-made Mercedes Benz V class that costs over $83,000.
She also owns other exotic cars that are not made known to the public yet.
Tiwa Savage Net Worth in 2021 (Forbes)
Tiwa Savage net worth in 2021 is estimated to be around $5.5 million based on the number of endorsement deals she has with the likes of Pepsi, Forte Oil, Maggi, and M.T.N., which was worth about N30 million, making her one of the richest musicians in Nigeria and most influential female artist in Nigeria.
While her music Albums sales, singles, and catalogs which also include her earnings from digital platforms such as Spotify and YouTube have all brought in six digits in million dollars.
Apart from her Endorsement deals, which most of them are still active, Tiwa also has
She bought her first house, which is a Multi-million mansion worth N75 million in Lekki;
the home is located at Heaven Homes, Richmond Estates Lekki Lagos.
Tiwa Savage’s Awards and Recognition for her music
- The Best R&B Soul Song, ‘Kele Kele Love’, Afrotainment Museke Online Music Awards, 2012
- Best R’N’B Single, ‘Love Me’, The Headies, 2012
- Best Use of Costumes, ‘Without My Heart’, Nigeria Music Video Awards, 2013
- Channel O Music Video Awards, ‘Without My Heart’, Best Gifted Female Video, 2013
- Best Use of Costumes, Best Highlife, Best Indigenous Concept and Video of the Year, ‘Ife Wa Gbona’, Nigeria Music Video Awards, 2013
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards, ‘Without My Heart’, Best Collabo, 2013
- Best Collabo of the Year, ‘Without My Heart’, City People Entertainment Awards, 2013
- 4Syte TV Music Video Awards, ‘Without My Heart’, Best African Act Video, 2013
- World’s Best Song and World’s Best Video, World Music Awards, 2014
- Best Music Video of the Year, ‘Eminado’, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2014
- The Best Collabo, ‘Girlie O Remix’, The Headies, 2014
- Most Gifted Female, ‘Eminado’, Channel O Music Video Awards, 2014
- The Headies, Best R&B/Pop Album, ‘Once Upon A Time’, 2014
- Best Reggae/Dancehall, ‘Girlie O’ (Remix), The Headies, 2014
- Best Album of the Year, ‘Once Upon A Time’, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2014
- Hottest Single of the Year, ‘Eminado’, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2014
- The Best Vocal Performance (Female), ‘Wanted’, The Headies, 2014
- Best Love Song ‘My Darlin’, COSON Song Awards, 2015
- Best Collabo Song, ‘Girlie O (Remix)’, COSON Song Awards, 2015
- The Best Female Artist, ‘Wanted’, ELOY Awards, 2015
- African Video of the Year, Best African Female Video and Best West African Video ‘Bad’ WatsUp TV Africa Music Video Awards, 2016
Wizkid and Tiwa Savage Net worth
Tiwa Savage and Wizkid are more like mutual friends or like we say best friend,
but many have regarded them more as lovers with the Level of Musical P.D.A.’s they display while performing together at sold-out shows.
Many have also asked who is richer between Wizkid and Tiwa Savage.
Wizkid’s net worth according to Forbes is estimated at $30 million which makes him way richer than Tiwa Savage’s net worth of $5.5 million.
Conclusion on Tiwa Savage Net Worth, Biography, and Music Career
Tiwa Savage net worth portfolio will continue to grow in numbers as the years go by and with her seven years record deal with Universal Music Group her earnings are definitely going to skyrocket.
Summary of Tiwa Savage Net Worth, Biography, and Music Career (2021)
- Name: Tiwatope Savage
- Also Known as Tiwa savage
- Age: She is currently 40 years old
- Date Of Birth: 5th February 1980
- Nationality: Nigerian
- Genre: Afrobeats, R&B, pop and hip-hop
- Relationship: was formerly married to Balogun in 2013, but separated
- Up time: 2009 till date
- Net Worth: $5.5
- Records Label: Mavin Records (exit) Rock Nation, 323 Entertainment and Sony/ATV Music.