Media personality, Toke Makinwa, has explained the unpleasant experience of her childhood and the tragedy that befell her as she lost both parents to a fire accident.
She revealed that the incident tossed her into the shadows of fear and uncertainty, ascribing it as her ‘biggest fears’.
She relived the harrowing incident in an interview with Comedian and movie maker, Ayo Makun, popularly known as AY, on her show recently.
Toke had asked her guest about a recent fire incident at his Lagos residence, spurring her to share a similar experience about her family many years ago.
Remind that AY’s house in Lagos was gutted by fire in August.
Toke said, “I’ve been a victim of a house fire when I was a kid and unfortunately both my parents died as a result of that. That’s one of my biggest fears.”
AY responded, “Sorry about that. I’m just hearing for the first time.”
He stated that he was on tour in Canada when his house went up in flames, adding that he woke up to a lot of missed calls.
“Knowing fully well that my family were on holidays, that was my point of thanksgiving.
“I woke up to about 78 missed calls that day. Any time I see something like that, I just know something has happened. I opened my phone and saw my house on Instablog.”
According to him, the fire erupted from the rooftop and was caused by electrical fault. He said he lost cash amongst other valuable possessions, which perished in the inferno