The 2021 application forms for Québec Merit Scholarships in Canada for foreign students looking to move to Canada this year 2021 is out.
The Merit Scholarships program for foreign students is offered to students who pursue vocational training, technical training at the college level, or studies at the university level.
Below is a break down of the full scholarship:
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Québec.
Scholarships to be taken at Institutions in Québec, Canada.
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Vocational training, undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma
Slots: Not stated.
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below).
Subject Eligibility: All Subject Areas.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
Government of Québec Merit scholarships 2021 | DETAILS
The Merit Scholarship program allows recipients to benefit from;
- a scholarship that provides financial assistance during their studies
- an exemption from the differential tuition fees payable by foreign students
- health insurance protection provided by the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ)
- Vocational training students: To be eligible for the Government of Québec Merit scholarships, students need to pursue full-time studies in a vocational training program leading to one of the following:
- Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS)
- Attestation of Vocational Specialization (AVS)
- Priority is given to international students from leading markets in Asia (China, India and Japan) and the Americas (Brazil and Mexico), and from developing countries that are part of the Francophonie.
- Technical training students at the college level: Students need to pursue full-time studies in a technical training program leading to a Diploma of College Studies (DCS). The public or private college where the studies take place must be accredited for the purposes of funding and be located in a Québec region outside the Greater Montréal area.
- University students: Students need to pursue studies or research activities at a Québec university. Scholarships are available for:
- doctoral (PhD) programs
- postdoctoral studies
- Short-term research or professional development scholarships
Scholarship Value and Benefits
- Vocational training students: The Merit Scholarship for 900-hour programs is valued at $14 000. An extra amount of $1 400 is added for every additional 100 hours, to a maximum of $26 000 for 1 800-hour program. Programs of fewer than 100 hours are not eligible.
- Technical training students at the college level: The Merit Scholarship is valued at $14 000 per year. The scholarship recipient must re-apply for the scholarship on a yearly basis, up to a maximum of three years, which is the normal duration of a technical training program.
- Doctoral research scholarships: $25 000 per year. The maximum duration for this scholarship is three years, with a possible extension of up to 12 months. In the case of an extension, a monthly allowance of $1 000 is provided.
- Postdoctoral scholarships: $35 000 for one year, non-renewable.
- Short-term research or professional development scholarships: $3 000 per month for a period of up to four months.
- In addition to the scholarship, all recipients are entitled to an exemption from the differential tuition fees payable by foreign students.
- And health insurance protection provided by the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ).
How-to-Apply: All eligible applicants for the Government of Québec Merit scholarships 2021 must be preselected by an educational institution. Preselected applications are then submitted to the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies (FRQNT).
Application Deadline: Not Specified