In the search for a healthier life, you might find yourself with so many herbal supplements or medicine choices to include in your diet. You may need to try more than one type of supplement to determine an effective one with minor side effects.
Kratom is a herbal supplement originating from Southeast Asia and rising in popularity in the West. It is known for its opium-like effects and pain-relieving properties. Kratom users have reported noticeable therapeutic changes in their life both physically and mentally after including kratom in their diets.
Read on to find out why you should include kratom in your diet.
7 Health Benefits of Kratom
1. Increases Energy Levels
Laborers in Southeast Asia for centuries drank kratom concoctions right before they embarked on their work. The red dragon kratom supplied enough energy to last them the whole day as it caused an increase in energy levels.
When you consume kratom in low doses, it releases stimulating effects which boost your energy levels. This boosts your productivity in all areas of your life. Especially if you might be suffering from depression, kratom will help you combat that feeling of tiredness.
2. Stress and Anxiety Relief
In everyday life, you find yourself amid so many stressors. Too much stress is harmful to the body, hence, it is essential to manage the condition. If you need a natural remedy that can help, kratom is a lifesaver.
Kratom alkaloids, mitragynine, and 7-OH-mitragynine bind to opioid receptors in the brain to produce relaxing sensations. The soothing sensations also help you calm down if you struggle with anxiety.
1. Treats Insomnia
Poor or inadequate sleep is one of the factors that affect productivity in the west, and according to research, almost 30% of the population suffer from insomnia. Modern medicine, though effective, tends to have undesirable side effects. Which makes people turn to herbal medicines for the same results.
Kratom is a natural herb that has alkaloids that help with inducing sleep. It causes different effects on the body, depending on the dosage. When you consume kratom in higher doses, it releases soothing sensations. The sedating properties are therapeutic to those struggling with insomnia or sleep disorders. Kratom has 7-OH-mitragynine, which helps in inducing sleep.
The 7-OH-mitragynine binds to receptors in the brain, signaling the body to relax. Relaxing the body helps one to fall asleep quickly. The effects of most kratom products do not wear off fast, which means you sleep longer without any disruptions. Thus including kratom in your diet would help tackle your sleeping issues.
1. It Is a Great Pain Reliever
Mitragynine present in kratom imitates the role of pain relievers. So consuming kratom products can help relieve pains like headaches, migraines, or those caused by chronic diseases such as osteoporosis.
2. Helps Overcome Opium Addiction
One of the reasons kratom is rising in popularity is its opium-like effects. If you are an opium addict or on the recovery journey, kratom could help you out a lot. Consuming kratom causes the same high you will get from using opium. You would avoid going through the severe withdrawal symptoms or the cravings, which helps you stay firm on your recovery journey.
3. Helps in Managing Diabetes
The effects of kratom on diabetes are not well known. According to research, kratom is a favorable influence on blood sugar levels. The components present in kratom help regulate blood sugar levels and insulin levels in the body.
1. It Has Antidiarrheal Qualities That Help To Maintain a Healthy Stomach
Consumption of kratom causes the peristalsis process to slow down. Peristalsis is the muscle movement in the gut that works to empty the intestine’s contents. Consumers should note that consuming large quantities of kratom can cause constipation. As a result, it is critical to control their doses.
How to consume kratom
Besides having many health benefits, there are many ways to enjoy kratom; it all depends on your preference:
- Mixing with a beverage: This is an easy method of consumption as no preparation is needed. All you do is pour your dose into your water or other liquid and mix properly. You can try masking the powder’s bitter taste by adding a sweetener or using tasty drinks.
- ‘Toss And Wash’ Method: Using the method, you toss the powder directly down your throat, then immediately gulp water. Swish the mix around your mouth and swallow after around 10 seconds. It can be uncomfortable at first, but you get used to it after a while.
- Taking capsules: Most people use this method when they cannot handle kratom’s bitter taste. Taking pills is advantageous because it is easy to check your dosage as each capsule contains the exact measurement.
- Mixing kratom powder with food: Mixing powder with food helps mask the bitter taste. The advantage is that you consume the powder on a full stomach, preventing intense experience. There is no specific dose that masks the bitter taste. You have to trial and error until you get the correct amount.
There are so many benefits of adding kratom to your diet. And the best part is you have more than one method of consuming kratom. Even with all these benefits, prolonged use of kratom could cause withdrawal symptoms when you stop ingestion. So be cautious with your dose of kratom.