Prince Kpokpogri Demands N2bn Compensation From FCT Minister As Abuja Court Halts Demolition Of His House

Prince Kpokpogri Demands N2bn Compensation From FCT Minister As Abuja Court Halts Demolition Of His House

Prince Joseph Kpokpogri, the ex-boyfriend of actress Tonto Dikeh, has sued the Federal Capital Territory Development Authority and FCT Minister Muhammed Bello for the destruction of his multimillion-naira mansion for N2 billion.

As previously mentioned, the Federal Capital Development Agency (FCDA) demolished the multi-million naira palace owned by Prince Kpokpogri in May.

The politician went to court to seek more than N2 billion in damages for the Abuja authorities’ alleged illegal demolition of his home, which he said they did because he refused to sell it.

READ ALSO
DJ Jacob Omutuzze reveals why he hates Carol Nantongo with his whole heart

Tonto Dikeh, Prince Kpokpogri break up over leaked voice notes, Tonto Blocks Him on Instagram

In a ruling on Thursday, a high court sitting at Maitama restrained the FCT minister, Muhammad Bello, from further demolishing the residence of Prince Kpokpogri.

The order followed an ex-parte application Kpokpogri filed through his lawyers led by Mike Ozekhome (SAN), who told the court how the FCDA invaded his client’s residence on May 14 with armed policemen, bulldozers, and excavators.

The Delta lawmaker said they commenced the demolition of his house, beginning with the boys’ quarters, adding that the agents of the FCDA threatened to return for total demolition of Kpokpogri’s house and failed to give any reason for their action.

READ ALSO
Reality television star Esther Biade loses her mother, mourns with heartfelt tribute

Ozekhome begged the court to intervene in the matter, in the interest of justice.

In his ruling, Justice Charles Agbaza, said he found merit in the ex-parte application and accordingly granted all the reliefs that were sought by the Applicant. Justice Agbaza held:

“I HAVE CAREFULLY PERUSED THE AFFIDAVIT OF THE APPLICANT AND ALSO LISTENED TO THE COUNSEL. THIS COURT FINDS MERIT IN THE APPLICATION AND IT IS SATISFIED THAT THE APPLICANT HAS FULFILLED ALL THE CONDITIONS TO WARRANT THE EXERCISE OF DISCRETION IN HIS FAVOUR.

“THE APPLICATION HAS MERIT AND IT IS ACCORDINGLY GRANTED.”

He ordered the service of the court order on all the Defendants in the suit, even as he adjourned the matter till July 15 to hear the substantive case

Stay Connected , follow us on: Facebook: @creebhillsdotcom, Twitter: @creebhillsblog, Instagram: @creebhills, Pinterest: @creebhills, Telegram: @creebhills
To place an advert/Guest post on our site, contact us via [email protected]

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here