The Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) has announced the retirement of all service heads, advisers, and the comptroller general of customs, as well as President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s replacements.
This is a tremendous upheaval in the country’s security and administrative sectors, as the president strives to solidify his power and implement his plan.
According to a press release released by the SGF on June 19, 2023, the president has approved the immediate retirement from employment of all service heads, the inspector-general of police, advisers, and the comptroller-general of customs, as well as their replacements. The recently appointed officers are as follows:
The newly appointed officers are as follows:
- Mallam Nuhu Ribadu – National Security Adviser
- Maj. Gen. C.G Musa – Chief of Defence Staff
- Maj. T. A Lagbaja – Chief of Army Staff
- Rear Admiral E. A Ogalla – Chief of Naval Staff
- AVM H.B Abubakar – Chief of Air Staff
- DIG Kayode Egbetokun – Acting Inspector-General of Police
- Maj. Gen. EPA Undiandeye – Chief of Defense Intelligence
President Tinubu has also made additional appointments as follows:
- Col. Adebisi Onasanya – Brigade of Guards Commander
- Lt. Col. Moshood Abiodun Yusuf – 7 Guards Battalion, Asokoro, Abuja
- Lt. Col. Auwalu Baba Inuwa – 177 Guards Battalion, Keffi, Nasarawa State
- Lt. Col. Mohammed J. Abdulkarim – 102 Guards Battalion, Suleja, Niger
- Lt. Col. Olumide A. Akingbesote – 176 Guards Battalion, Gwagwalada, Abuja
Furthermore, the President has approved the appointments of other military officers within the Presidential Villa:
- Maj. Isa Farouk Audu – Commanding Officer, State House Artillery
- Capt. Kazeem Olalekan Sunmonu – Second-in-Command, State House Artillery
- Maj. Kamaru Koyejo Hamzat – Commanding Officer, State House Military Intelligence
- Maj. TS Adeola – Commanding Officer, State House Armament
- Lt. A. Aminu – Second-in-Command, State House Armament
President Tinubu has also appointed two additional Special Advisers and two Senior Assistants:
- Hadiza Bala Usman – Special Adviser, Policy Coordination
- Hannatu Musa Musawa – Special Adviser, Culture and Entertainment Economy
- Sen. Abdullahi Abubakar Gumel – Senior Special Assistant, National Assembly Matters (Senate)
- Hon. (Barr) Olarewaju Kunle Ibrahim – Senior Special Assistant, National Assembly Matters (House of Representatives)
Additionally, the President has approved the appointment of Adeniyi Bashir Adewale as the Acting Comptroller General of Customs.
It should be noted that the appointed Service Chiefs, the Inspector-General of Police, and the Comptroller General of Customs will act in their positions pending their confirmation in accordance with the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.