Megan Thee Stallion has shared a defiant statement to those who continue to doubt and question her after Tory Lanez was sentenced to 10 years in prison for shooting her.
While performing at the Outside Lands Music Festival in San Francisco, California on Sunday (August 13), the Houston hitmaker briefly paused her show and spoke to the crowd about the chain of unfortunate events that has transpired since the incident took place in July 2020.
“So today, I just want to say fuck all my haters,” Megan Thee Stallion said at she walked across the stage with her middle finger up.
“None of that shit you was saying or doing broke me. None of that shit y’all be doing or saying to the Hotties broke them. And I want all the Hotties to put they muthafuckin’ middle finger up right now.”
Her statement prompted most of the crowd to erupt and stick their middle fingers in the air.
Watch video below:
Megan Thee Stallion speaks as Tory Lanez awaits 10 year sentence 👀 pic.twitter.com/uoh9ItiiJF
— HipHopDX (@HipHopDX) August 15, 2023
Although Megan declined to name any names, Tory Lanez’s lengthy sentence has been heavily criticized by many of his supporters, some of whom have been aiming their frustration at Megan.
While speaking out against Tory’s sentence on social media earlier this month, “Gyalis” hitmaker Capella Grey went so far as to claim that Megan wasn’t even shot in the first place.
“1. Ya industry n-ggas be pussies,” he wrote. “2. We don’t condone ANY typa violence against women ever. So we’re not saying free him because we are condoning a shooting. If she was shot then of course prison would be deserved, bro or not bro. We are saying free him because the girl wasn’t shot.”
He continued: “Regardless of if you fw him or not, the fact is something is too weird about this case. Too weird. And now this case too much for the truth to even matter anymore. Ya be saying free ya babyfathers that be locked up for PROVEN RAPE and PROVEN MURDER.
“In this case he’s not even in jail for shooting her. He is not in jail for assault. That’s my bredin & im just saying this shit don’t make sense.”
Akademiks — who has a history of venom against Megan Thee Stallion — has also expressed a similar sentiment, telling VladTV last month that he still doubts Tory shot Megan and believes the reporting of his trial was “biased.”
Back in April, Megan Thee Stallion previously fired back at those who doubted her allegations after Tory Lanez was found guilty.
“For years, my attacker laughed and joked about my trauma. For years, my attacker peddled false narratives about what happened on the night of July 12, 2020. For years, my attacker tried to leverage social media to take away my power,” Megan told ELLE.
“Imagine how it feels to be called a liar every day? Especially from a person who was once part of your inner circle.”
She continued: “I could have let the adversity break me, but I persevered, even as people treated my trauma like a running joke. First, there were conspiracy theories that I was never shot. Then came the false narratives that my former best friend shot me.”
“Even some of my peers in the music industry piled on with memes, jokes, and sneak disses, and completely ignored the fact that I could have lost my life. Instead of condemning any form of violence against a woman, these individuals tried to justify my attacker’s actions.”