As a result of the federal government’s mandate for telecommunication service providers to shut the phone lines of people who have failed to link their numbers, many Nigerians are transferring to other networks.
Nigerians were instructed to link their SIM cards to the National Identity Management Commission’s (NIMC) database using their National Identification Numbers, and the Federal Government has since ordered telecom operators to block all outgoing calls from non-linked Subscriber Sim cards beginning April 4, 2022.
To this end, telecommunication service providers are offering mouthwatering bonuses to their customers to enable them to stay on the network when they link their NIN to their SIM cards.
These telco companies are also using this strategy to attract new customers to their networks.
Here are some mouth-watering deals offered by major telecommunication networks for those who link their SIM cards.
- MTN Nigeria is offering a N10,000 free bonus when its subscribers link their NIN to their SIM cards. This offer is called the ‘NIN Incentive Airtime bonus’.
- Only MTN customers who are yet to submit their National Identity Number (NIN) on their MTN lines are eligible for the airtime bonus.
- The NIN Airtime bonus is valid for only 7 days from the day the NIN is successfully linked. All unused NIN incentive bonuses will not roll over but will expire on the set day of expiry.
- MTN subscribers can use the bonus for International calls & SMS, roaming services, Share N’ Sell or to purchase bundles.
- Subscribers of Globacom are not left out in the NIN-SIM linkage packages.
- Glo Subscribers who got barred from the network are eligible to a one-time N20,000 bonus after linking their NIN to their phone numbers.
- The bonus will be credited to the customer’s line one hour after they are unbarred and will be credited in a separate bonus account, different from the regular recharge account.
- This offer is for all Glo subscribers who got barred and submitted their NIN after the 5th of April 2022.
- The bonus can be used only to call, browse and text at the following rates: On-net – 36k/sec, Off-net – 36k/s, SMS-N4 and Flexi Data Browsing N10/MB.
- For Airtel subscribers, N20,000 worth of bonus is up for grabs when their NIN is linked to their Airtel lines.
- The bonus can be used for calls, text messages and data. The bonus is called the ‘Airtel No Vex’ bonus.