Mr Macaroni announces peaceful walk to commemorate #ENDSARS anniversary

Lagos State Commissioner of Police orders immediate release of Mr Macaroni, 34 other #EndSARS protesters

Mr Macaroni, a popular Nigerian comedian, actor, and activist has announced a peaceful walk to commemorate the second anniversary of the #EndSARS protest against police brutality.

The 29-year-old said in a Twitter post on Wednesday that the peaceful walk would honor the victims of the October 20 protest at the Lekki toll gate in Lagos.

He wrote: “Peaceful Walk tomorrow in honor of all #EndSars and Police Brutality Victims!!! We no go fit ever forget!”

Mr Macaroni announces peaceful walk to commemorate #ENDSARS anniversary
Mr Macaroni announces peaceful walk to commemorate #ENDSARS anniversary

Recall that Mr Macaroni, Nigerian comedian and actor had said that he will never be open to having private conversations with the Lagos state government following how he was treated last year.



He said that the state tried to have private conversations with him, but he declined because he wanted them to engage him publicly the same way they embarrassed him in public.

The content creator stated this in an interview with journalist, Rakiya Abdul Karim, while recalling his ordeal at the hands of police officers after that he was arrested in February 2021 during the #OccupyLekkiTollGate protest which was to forestall the planned reopening of the toll plaza in Lagos.

He said that it is not right for them to have invited him for a public walk and accuse him of not wanting to work towards the progress of the state whereas, they were not honest and open about their true intentions.

According to the activist, he is not scared of them because they lost every iota of respect when they decided to manhandle him.



Stay Connected , follow us on: Facebook: @creebhillsdotcom, Twitter: @creebhillsblog, Instagram: @creebhills, Pinterest: @creebhills Telegram: creebhills

To place an advert/sponsored post on our site, contact us via [email protected]