Cristiano Ronaldo, a six-time winner of the Ballon d’Or, has partnered with Binance, the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world by market cap, in an exclusive multi-year nonfungible token (NFT) agreement. Through international NFT initiatives, the cooperation intends to introduce soccer fans to the Web3 environment.
The agreement would entail Ronaldo and Binance producing a number of NFT collections, according to the release. The first collection will be released later this year, and these will only be sold on the Binance NFT platform.
Changpeng Zhao, the CEO and founder of Binance, praised Ronaldo’s accomplishments in soccer and mentioned that the athlete has “transcended sport to become an icon in multiple industries.”
Did you should know
- Zhao mentioned that the football superstar “has amassed one of the world’s most dedicated fan bases through his authenticity, talent and charity work.”
- Zhao also added that the Binance team is excited to give Ronaldo fans “exclusive engagement opportunities to connect with Ronaldo” as they own pieces of the NFT collections.
- Meanwhile, the soccer superstar also commented on the upcoming NFT drops, saying that fans will surely enjoy them. Ronaldo also stated, “My relationship with the fans is very important to me, so the idea of bringing unprecedented experiences and access through this NFT platform is something that I wanted to be a part of.”
- The partnership will help create a fan-centric economy, providing an unprecedented opportunity for fans and Ronaldo’s community to own an iconic moment in sports history.
- The NFT programs will provide exclusive experiences and engagement opportunities for fans all over the world to connect with Ronaldo, building a new Web3 community entirely around sports fandom.
- The announcement also underlines Binance’s commitment to supporting global football, complementing existing partnerships with the Argentine Football Association, the Brazilian Football Confederation as well as professional sports clubs S.S. Lazio (IT) and FC Porto (PT).
- This is not Ronaldo’s first rodeo in the cryptocurrency space. Back in March, Ronaldo was awarded crypto tokens for his achievements in the sport. The soccer star was given JUV tokens, the official fan token of Juventus F.C., for every senior career goal that he scored.
Despite the current crypto winter, the Binance CEO expressed positivity earlier in June. With confidence, Zhao noted that it’s his third crypto winter and Binance’s second encounter with this type of market situation, implying that the team knows how to navigate their way in a bear market.
Apart from this, the Binance CEO said that they will use this as an opportunity to hire top talent who are available during this time as he stated that there are 2,000 open position Binance is ready to fill.
Stay Connected , follow us on: Facebook: @creebhillsdotcom, Twitter: @creebhillsblog, Instagram: @creebhills, Pinterest: @creebhills Telegram: creebhillsTo place an advert/sponsored post on our site, contact us via [email protected]